It’s not a secret that kitchen is the most multifunctional and used room of the house. It’s the place where we cook, eat and gather with family and friends. That’s why it’s so important that this room is cozy, comfortable and functional.
To make your kitchen like this, you need not only think over the interior design and buy the necessary accessories, but also choose the proper kitchen table set. Our today’s article is devoted to this topic.
When you choose the kitchen set, you must pay attention to the materials it is made of. First of all, keep in mind that the wooden kitchen furniture can’t withstand a high humidity of the room. It is also desirable to choose the furniture set of washable material.
The most popular manufacturing materials for the kitchen table sets
Wood particle board.
The most kitchen sets are made of this material. They are very cheap. Such furniture is made of chipboard, covered with laminate or other firm material. When you choose the kitchen make sure that all the product details are protected from the ingress of moisture with the special list.
Medium density fiberboard.
It’s an eco-friendly, hygienic and safe material. It’s also resistant to the fungi and the vapor effect. In appearance, it’s hardly distinguishable from the wood. At that, it is a bit cheaper. The kitchen sets of medium density fiberboard have a great variety of colors and textures.
It’s the most expensive material of kitchen manufacture. The most commonly used wood species are: oak, ash, pine, nut, alder, etc.
Comfort and functionality
Kitchen is the most commonly used workspace in the house, so it must be as comfortable and functional as possible.
To make it like this, you need to take into account some nuances, choosing the kitchen set:
- Give preference to the kitchen table set, whose lower cabinets are equipped with the legs. They provide a perfect adjustment and protect the kitchen furniture from ingress of water;
- It’s also important to choose a proper table top, as it’s the most conjugated surface of the kitchen.
The following materials are usually used for the manufacture of table tops: laminated MDF; letter board; stainless steel; temper glass; ceramic dust, pressed with rubber.
The dining table can be beautiful, functional and compact, taking little space in the smallest kitchen. When you choose a perfect table for the small-sized kitchen, put yourself a simple question: what do you need it for? Do you want the table for the solid family dinners or for spots of lunch? How many people will sit at this table every day? Do you like to receive guests or often eat outdoors? The answer will determine a form and size of your kitchen table.
How to choose a small kitchen table- the advice of designers
The experts of kitchen furniture advise to stick to some simple rules, choosing the certain model of dining table for small kitchen. The round-shaped table will fit perfectly for a small kitchen. It looks less clumpy and visually relieves the space. It doesn’t have sharp angles, so it is much more comfortable for sitting in a warm company. It makes your kitchen really cozy and homely. A small round table will blend perfectly with any interior. If you choose between a round and square table, the designers advise to give preference to the square model, as it looks more compact.
An excellent solution for small kitchen is a table-transformer. Mostly, such tables are extended in the middle, and the table area increases with the help of additional panel, put into the resulted space. In such a way, the round table turns into the oval one, and the square table top becomes rectangular. There is another option: the edges of table top are folded on the sides and collapsed if necessary. Such tables are perfect for a small kitchen.
If you have a small-sized kitchen, you can choose the dining table with elegant legs (for example, of chrome-plated metal). The number of the legs depends on the model. It’s not necessarily that the table has four legs. For example, the round wooden table with a carved leg in the middle or a forged base is suitable for the kitchen in classic style.
If your kitchen is so tiny, that it’s impossible to find room even for the smallest dining table, try to replace it with the bar counter or folding top-table.
If your apartment is small, the kitchen also can’t boast of its large size. Nevertheless, you may so want to put a kitchen table, where the whole family can come together. Naturally, not all the ideas for kitchen can be realized in a close quarters. Nevertheless, you can try some of them! So, let’s choose a small table for little kitchen.
Let’s define the purposes we should take into account improving the kitchen interior. The main thing is that the kitchen is: 1) functional; 2) there must be a room for all family members and guests at the table.
1. Collapsible kitchen table.
You can buy such table in any furniture store of your city or order it in some e-shop. It can be a model, mounted on the wall and folded as not wanted. Of course, this option doesn’t fit for a big family. And for the guest reception you’ll have to set the table in the living room.
2. Folding kitchen table.
Such model can cost of several parts. For example, it can represent a table-book. As needed, it can be increased by means of rising one or two segments. Such table can be completed with the folding-chairs, or the chairs which you can pile up.
Surely, this option won’t fit for every family. But it is quite comfortable to breakfast at such mini-table. If you live alone, table-sill will be a good solution for your compact little flat. It can be even interesting to eat at such table, if your window faces a beautiful landscape.
4. Small table at the wall.
It’s not even a table, but rather a shelf, mounted at a comfortable height. It can be even called a bar counter, fastened in an unusual way. You can even use this table for cooking. A bit higher you can place the additional shelves for kitchen implements. Choose the chairs or stools which can be located under the table.
5. The complement to the kitchen cabinet.
Such table can be either an extension of kitchen cabinet or its complement. Sometimes it is an extension of the table top or a sliding part of kitchen set.
6. Small kitchen bar counter.
This option is the most popular with the youth. A small bar counter can be mounted both in the kitchen and in the living room. The main thing is to choose the chairs of the right height.
As you see, even a very small kitchen can be designed beautiful!
The kitchen furniture must be practical, comfortable and match the existent interior. This article will help you to choose an efficient and stylish complement to the kitchen design.
The kinds of dining tables
Modern designers offer many options of the kitchen furniture. However the main classification of all dining tables remains the difference in the manufacturing material:
- The glass models are efficient but unpractical. It is rather a home décor than a functional zone. After all, the glass surface can’t withstand a heavy load. Besides, it’s unresisting to the temperature drops, blows and falls;
- Wood is a classic option of kitchen furniture decoration. It’s the best choice for the lovers of naturalness and aesthetics. There is wooden furniture of different styles forms on sale. This material allows you to choose the preferred coloring and construction;
- Modern plastic furniture is strong and easy to use. It doesn’t become deformed from the hot tableware. Besides, plastic is easy to wash with chemical detergent and fire-resistant;
- The stone models are solid and expensive. They are distinguished by durability and practicality. Such table requires a spacious room, which reduces the field of their application to the private houses and huge apartments.
What must you take into account, choosing the perfect dining table set?
To buy the most suitable variant of kitchen furniture, take into account the following factors:
- Durability. Pay special attention to the construction of the table, as the most of models include the component parts (drop-down side panels, expanding base). Make sure of the furniture safety, as it determines the durability of product;
- The quality of finishing material. The families with small children should choose the set with washable surface so that it is easier to put the tables and chairs in order. The optimal choice is the kitchen set with leather seats;
- Comfort. The cheap furniture doesn’t usually provide this quality. There are no special requirements to the table, but the chairs must be firm, adjustable for the height of the table. At best, they should replicate the inflexions of the body, i.e., to be slightly curved.
- Size. If your kitchen is small, it is better to buy a compact table and small chair, which can be located under the table for the extension of space
Thanks to the broad assortment of the kitchen furniture, you’ll certainly find a dining table set of the right size and design at a reasonable price.