Design of a Japanese garden is based on the principles of simplicity and harmony. The main purpose of its landscape composition – to create a picture pleasant for contemplation. Sometimes it is enough to put a few sprigs of bamboo surrounded by picturesque stone – and this landscape has rightfully be called a Japanese garden; the main thing that the location of these elements were harmonious and pleased the eyes.
In this regard, the Japanese garden is not accepted to make such a large-scale, as classical European gardens. Realizing that it is not for walking, and for admiring, just select a few square meters. Another important feature – the maximum commitment to naturalness, lack of bright colors. Organizing the planting, it is important to provide the largest possible number of evergreens.
There are two types of Japanese gardens: kare sansui (in translation – “dry landscape”) and tsukiyama (or hilly garden).
Garden design kare sansui suggests absence of trees, flowers and water features. Normally for its creation is used only gravel, stones and sand. The soil is covered with fine white gravel, on which subsequently is applied a certain pattern.
For garden tsukiyama is typical is the idea of reproduction of some landscape in miniature form. Small trees symbolize the forest here, stones – the majestic mountains and pond – the ocean. An important part of such garden – presence of the waterfall: it is believed that the splash of water brings a special harmony in the overall picture.
In contrast to the peaceful Japanese garden, Mediterranean gardens are accepted to create colorful, cheerful, “summer”. Their design reflects the landscape culture of countries such as Italy, Cyprus, Greece.
Key elements of a Mediterranean garden:
- presence of courtyard – patio;
- abundance of bright colors;
- using only natural materials (usually limestone and clay);
- lack of lawns and water objects (exception – small fountains);
- furniture of garden design and garden walls;
- winding paths.
Also for Mediterranean gardens are typical plants, planted in pots and placed in a small clearing, sprinkled with white gravel. Areas of the garden separated by partitions, and all sorts of tapestries, often made of wood. Fountain is placed in the center of courtyard.
Basic colors of a Mediterranean garden: white, beige, sand, red. There is absolutely no black, gray or any other dark shades.
In such a garden are usually planted ornamental fruit trees and shrubs. Very popular are pear, cherry, Saskatoon, arborvitae west, apricot, chestnut. The greatest attention is paid to colors; here dominate morning glory, clematis, irises, dahlias, echinacea, ageratum, marigolds, salvia, gladiolus, petunia, zinnia, coreopsis.
Do not forget that special charm to the Mediterranean garden design gives curly cut plants.
The modern market of children’s products is full of proposals of children’s swings that differ in price, design, child’s age, conditions of use.
Selection guide for home swings
When choosing a swing for home use you can use these tips:
- Check safety of constructions. No matter what swings, suspended or floor, they must have a margin of safety and reliability, to be heavy for stability (floor), have locks, brake or skid pad. Better, of course, to buy products of certified manufacturers that ensures safety, quality and environmental friendliness of the product.
- Each type of swings is designed for a certain weight and age of the baby. This should be considered when buying. For newborn babies, you can choose swings with a sign 0+, which means “from birth.”
- Inspect the frame of product, it should not cause you have suspicions. Safety indicator is the availability of a see-saw bumper or safety belts, or better both.
Swings for newborns
Infant swings are called modern rocking venues. Swings have not only the function of vibration (motion), they are programmed to play different melodies (GRACO Sweetpeace), have different speeds of motion, some have mobility (Sugar Plum Fisher-Price) and the canopy (Mocha Butterfly Papasan from Fisher-Price).
Several states of swings back allow to use swings to a different age of the child. Sometimes chair may also serve as a carrying.
The most unreliable form of children’s swings. But they have a number of indisputable advantages.
They are very mobile: they can be used both at home and on the street. They practically do not take up space in the house, they can, if necessary, remove and get. And this is a significant plus in a city apartment. These swings are light, they do not have sharp corners, they fix well the baby, and some “grow” with the child.
You can use floor swings from one year, they are less mobile, but also useful as a pendant. This type of swing is not the most compact, and therefore space for installation, ie, area of the room should be large. They come in several variants: with soft bumpers and seats with tables, electronic, metal, plastic.
The advantage of such a swing in their softness (soft covers on the back, bumpers, bumper, groin strap, hanging construction), security (all sharp angles and connection mechanisms are safely hidden by cloth), stability (rubber “soles” and “corners” on the legs). It is also important that the soft lining, preferably made of oilskin materials that require minimal care, but have a low strength, torn and cracked.
US forces are engaged in military campaigns all over the world and they are constantly in need of recruits. Commercials promise young people career growth and financial stability at the end of life. However, after returning home, many of them can not rebuild their lives and are often homeless. President has repeatedly promised to solve the problem of housing for veterans. The last promises of the administration – to provide housing for every veteran to the end of 2017. However, while the former military men have no choice but to rely on the assistance of charitable organizations.
American soldiers protect the civilian population of the United States, stand on the guard of national interests, fighting in distant lands, so that then to return home and, as often happens, to be without a roof over their head.
A former marine turned out on the street many years ago, when he could not pay more for a house – his pension is not enough. Shortly thereafter, his wife and children left him.
The former officer is fighting today – only today for survival on the streets.
“I survived because I well know the neighborhood and I can take care of myself. Here around garbage cans and restaurants “- says a veteran of the US Armed Forces Berry.
Last year in the United States, there were 50 thousand homeless veterans.
President assured that he would keep his promise: “We will make efforts until every veteran who fought for the country, will have his place in America that he can call home.”
However, veterans are still on the streets. Many of those who fought in Afghanistan, Iraq and even Vietnam upon return can not rebuild their lives.
“Many previously served have health and mental problems, as well as alcohol and drug addiction. We should treat our veterans with special respect, that they may see that their birthplace is grateful for their service, “- says the chairman of the organization Homeless Trust Ron Buck.
Homeless Trust – is the largest organization in Florida that assists homeless. Across the country run a lot of similar institutions – public and private. The problem they all have is the same, but they have different methods.
In different cities of the United States homeless veterans are invited to a special meeting so that charities took these people under their protection – begin to look for jobs and temporary housing until they get on their feet. But in order to meet the number of homeless ex-soldiers, it is not necessarily to come to special events. They can be seen in the center of almost any American city.
For example, in the city of Miami luxury hotels, expensive real estate and vibrant business centers are all around. At lunch in the luxurious restaurants powers are discussing big deals. And it is here, in a turbulent maelstrom of city life, social workers who are trying to help the homeless, have most of all worries.
Every day the streets of Miami are patrolled by more than 20 groups of so-called green T-shirts. Solving of the problem of homeless veterans is for many years on the list of national priorities of America. Administration has promised to provide each veteran with housing by the end of this year, but there is still a lot of work.
Novice aquarists in most cases, make a lot of mistakes. The main of them – an irresistible urge to buy for themselves almost every fish he liked. The result is not very comforting: there is overpopulation of aquarium, and most of its inhabitants by its very nature can not live peacefully with each other, always fighting, strong eat weak. In addition, different kinds of aquarium fish need in conditions that can be radically different. If such fish are placed in a single environment, many of them may get sick and die. Therefore, before buying the fish you need to learn some general basic rules.
Rules for choosing aquarium fish:
- If you don`t have a lot of time to care for the aquarium you need to choose only unpretentious kinds of aquarium fish.
- Purchase if possible few catfish. These aquarium “sanitation” are to pick up the remains of uneaten feed after the other fish. Catfish cannot boast with bright color , they are almost invisible in the aquarium, especially against the bottom. But among them there are representatives wiith a very peculiar form of the body. Pay your attention, for example at as catfish tarakatuma. It is characterized by big long of antennae and flexibility of body. Catfish – remora are “featured” with suckers, allowing them to often hang motionless, glued to the wall of the aquarium. There are more species, feeding on microscopic algae, and thus cleaning the walls, stones and decorative elements of the aquarium from the harmful plaque and ugly brownish-green.
- If you plan to install a large aquarium (50 liters), it is possible to have a bigger fish: cichlids, botsiya chess, gourami, angelfish, goldfish. In principle, fish should be chosen, always taking into account the volume of your aquarium, because the big fish will feel very bad in close surroundings. Watch also for your pets when they freely and deliberately “float” in the expanse of water, with plenty of room for it gives a true aesthetic pleasure.
- When determined with the choice of a particular type of fish, look closely to each individual vending. Its body should not be damaged, decay, excessive amounts of mucus, and so on. Fish should behave typical for the species. If it makes a nonsense sharp movements, scratched on the ground, leans to one side, a fish is better not to buy.
Since the children’s shoes should ensure the proper development of the feet and prevent flat feet, when buying shoes, pay attention on the next points:
Shape and style of shoes
Toddlers and older kids have more narrow heel, and place at the fingers – is wider. Therefore, in children’s shoes (even to the detriment of fashion) sock should be broad, allowing toes to move freely.
Ideal are organic (natural) materials, such as dressed leather or textiles. The most important property of these materials is that they are adapted to the anatomical shape of the foot. Say a firm “no” to synthetics – it creates the greenhouse effect, disrupts blood flow in the legs, makes muscles and feet ligaments weak and set them down.
The list of materials that freely “breathe”:
- Textiles (natural fibers such as wool, chemical fibers – Polyamid …);
- Leather (but only if it is natural);
- Waterproof shoes with the special, breathable membrane;
- Rubber boots;
It must be pretty tough, above the ankle, closing bone. So it will support the foot and around the heel to prevent bending of the heel.
Good fixation of foot in the shoe also provides the appropriate style of top, because that’s the top what keeps the leg rigidly in appropriate position and protects it from damage and negligence while walking. Despite the fact that the “Velcro” is more convenient than laces, from a medical point of view, laces better regulate the fitting of shoes to little feet. Therefore, we recommend you shoes with laces or with a closed top with straps.
Must be rough, non-slip (corrugated), elastic rubber or polyurethane, which can be easily bent by repeating the movement of the foot of the child. When purchasing be sure to try to bend the sole in the hands: it must be light and flexible.
In order to between the heel and the toe was a small difference, you must have 0.5-1 cm heel.
Not to be mistaken with the size can help the paper mold of the child’s foot (measurement is best to be done at the end of the day, when the size of the leg is maximum, as in the end of the day at the feet blood is surging and increasing the size of the foot). However, the child also need to be taken with you to the store so that he can take an active part in the selection.
The flexibility of shoes
The place where the foot bends at walking – for shoes very “hot.” Overly dense and poorly amenable to bending shoes increases fatigue, violates the convenience of walking and affects the healthy development of feet.
Planning of landscape design, one of the most important works in the design of the land around a private house, villa, cottage.
Each host and hostess wants that around the house was beautiful not only in the warm season, but always. So when you go out of the house to get to the beautiful garden, which brings joy, pleases the eye with its beauty.
You can make this beauty, that it is not only in summer but in winter – all year round. All this is possible using in landscaping the plants that are very beautiful in all seasons. This can be done by properly planning landscaping using trees, shrubs and other ornamental objects.
When planning your landscape design you should adhere to the following rules.
- It is important to know the type of soil. Shrubs and trees like different soils. It is necessary to choose plants for this type of soil. If you want to plant a plant, but the soil is not suitable, you can change the type of soil exactly for this plant.
- Watch for plants when they are in bloom, turning green on this soil, under what weather conditions. All these data are recorded, in order to choose the right combination of plants for landscaping.
- When you have a large list of information about plants for landscaping, you can choose the right combination of them, taking into account the period of maximum landscaping, flowering. You also need to consider what kind of plants will be in the sun or in the shade, what period.
- Now you can plan placement of plants taking into account the flowering period, the maximum landscaping, combination of colors. We need to plan plants for landscaping so that they bloom in succession. So you can continue to enjoy the most flourishing area of the garden.
- When planning your landscape design you must take into account decorative constructions: a dozen, bridges, pavilions. Boulders and rocks with plants provide an excellent combination.
- You also need to consider when planning a landscape watering systems for compositions of plants. You can use an automatic drip directly under each plant, or irrigation.
- Excellent look plants in the evening under floodlights. For this purpose, economical LED lamps or spotlights are used. We need to plan their accommodation and places protected laying of wires and power cables to these sources of night lighting.
Using these rules, you can plan and create your own original landscaping in your garden that will please you all year round.
Ever since our childhood has been taken to kids were lying in their own bed, and only occasionally sleep with their parents. Is it necessary?
If at the beginning happy parents of a newborn happily buy new items for baby, then later begins a period when parents ask themselves: is it necessary to buy a particular product. Kids beds are considered an indispensable attribute for the baby. In the early period of development, some moms believe that the child needs to sleep with their parents, and thus no need for a bed. Child psychologists often raised the issue of the need for kids beds, and more and more convinced of the need to acquire this stuff.
Why do I need a kid bed?
As we know, each family member should have their place in the house. Kid bed is precisely the place where the child should feel comfortable. Bed – is primarily a place where the child should sleep, and sleep should be especially comfortable, because young children grow while sleeping. Psychologists say that the bed is the boundary between the world of the child and the adult world. A child with a small age must get used to the fact that he is an individual member of the family, and not part of mom or dad. This will help him in the future when he is older and parents tell him that it’s time to sleep separately from them. If before the baby was not accustomed to his bed, then it may become for him a lot of stress and it will an impact on future relations with parents.
It plays an important role where is located a kid bed. In the early years of a child’s life, it should be near the parents’ bed. It is very convenient, because the child often cries in his sleep, and parents often have to get up to it. Also, the child will feel more relaxed, knowing that next to him are his parents.
Kid bed should correspond to baby`s size. At first, you can use a cradle that can be moved anywhere you want, and then you can shift the baby to a full bed. It’s best to buy a bed in which you can change the level of height. When the baby is a little older, you can make the level higher. In early age you need to use low cots, because there are times when a child falls during sleep. So the baby did not hurt himrself, it is important to set the lowest possible level.
To buy a kid bed or not parents decide. But it is worth considering that the availability of bed can teach a child that he is independent and has its place in the house.
In front of any aquarist gets issue of decoration of fish house. Decorations in the aquarium turn fish corner in an extraordinarily beautiful decor element of the entire premises. Decorations for aquarium can be both natural and artificial, giving endless scope for the creation of a unique and inimitable design.
The use of live plants as a decoration is not always convenient, because some fish may simply not like. Therefore, for aesthetics are used various objects. Natural decorations for aquariums come in the following forms:
- snags of a mango tree, African Mopani, alder and others. Before you use it it is advised to boil sbags for a couple of hours, to avoid coloring of the water in brown. The advantages of such decorations for aquarium – the allocation of tannin and humic acids, which are useful for many fish and plant species;
- various stones. Buying them should only in special stores to be sure that they can not harm the flora and fauna of the aquarium;
- sea corals, shells. Before purchasing consult with the seller – some shells can be destroyed in fresh water for some corals can be scratched certain types of fish. So first check. And useful tips – after buying a few days sink soak in water to make sure that it not harmful to fish covered with varnish;
- different types of soil – pebbles, black quartz, coral sand, etc.
Decor for the aquarium
Artificial decor for aquariums – is limitless means for decoration. There are ceramics, silicone, a wide variety of types and forms. Stunningly decorated aquarium with the help of artificial materials is easier to maintain, requires a rare clean and very pleasing beauty.
Production of such products takes almost all aquarium firm. You can buy decorations for the the aquarium of the following types:
- snags that can mimic or be true vibrant colors;
- stones imitating reefs, lava, granite and much more for boundless imagination;
- coral and shells. Natural corals are rapidly destroyed in fresh water, lose color upon drying and can injure fish. But you can buy decorations for the aquarium, made of silicone, and deprived of all these disadvantages;
- plants species and colors of which is an incredible assortment. Plastic plants will last you about three years, and caring for them is to wash with liquid soap;
- backgrounds for aquarium that film glued to the glass. There is also a background with PVC with embossed surface, which can be with rocks, corals and so on. Many backgrounds allow to disguise equipment;
- Decorations for aquarium can be purchased in the form of castles, sunken ships, motes, arches, volcanoes, caves, castles, statues and more. Many elements allow the fish to hide.
Selecting a bed for a newborn is a very difficult task for parents. Buy a baby cot means, above all, to explore all options offered by the manufacturers. How to choose a a baby bed? What features should have a baby cot? From what material shall be made a cot for a newborn?
These and many other questions are sure to emerge when choosing beds for the baby. There are several main types of beds for newborns and older children:
- The crib-cradle – a small cozy bed. As write some sources, they are designed for children from 0 to 1 year, but in fact, the child will there feel comfortable to a maximum of 6-7 months. When a baby learns to roll over, he will need space. But crib-cradles are very nice and cozy. So if your family budget allows, then crib-cradle is an excellent option for the first time.
- Cribs-transformers – crib in which the child can sleep up to 14-16 years. First, they are in the form of conventional beds, and when the baby is ready to go into a big bed, crib converts into adolescent sofa. This kind of cots has many advantages. Firstly, it is quite economical option. One bed will serve you for a long time. Secondly, this option gives not only the bed, but also very functional changing dresser. Depending on the model, there may also be a shelf, etc. Crib-transformer – a great option for a separate equipped children’s room.
- Classic cots. They can be static or can be provided with rocking mechanism. Usually beds are equipped with mechanisms of motion in two basic types.
The first option – cots-rocking. They have the usual arcuate legs that allow the crib to stagger from side to side. The second option, in my opinion, more successful – a baby cot pendulum. The pendulum can be longitudinal and transverse, and sometimes two of these options are combined. Longitudinal – is when the baby is swinging along the body, and thus a cross – crosswise.
- Fabric cots-playpens. This option appeared not so long ago. It is ideal for travel. This bed-manege can be easily folded into a compact bag and take to the road. There are two variants of the folding mechanism – an umbrella and a book. Umbrella is smaller, but book has a stronger bottom. But still, here, as in all other cribs certainly need a good mattress.
When you purchase an aquarium, you worry about to complete with him was stand. This will be the best option, because the manufacturer of set of the aquarium – stand has adjusted perfectly all sizes and calculated the load. Of course there are situations when the acquisition of a set is simply impossible for one reason or another: lack of resources, stand does not fit your home decor or manufacturer just has not provided stand in the kit. In any case, you have to buy it separately and choose from the available stores in your range.
I shall warn that installing aquarium on the furniture not intended for this purpose is strictly forbidden, as not calculated on the required weight stand can easily break and then fall of your tank and floods of the room, is inevitable. Aquarium stand also has special design elements and ribs of stiffness significantly increasing its strength. The main factors influencing the choice of stand are the size of the aquarium and its weight.
Size of table top should be equal to or greater than the size of the bottom of the aquarium. The height is adjusted so that the aquarium was convenient to consider a seated person. It is advisable shelves closed with doors to be present in the stand, in which it would be possible to hide aquarium equipment, food, medicines, etc. Also in the inner compartments needed technological holes to take stock of hoses and wiring for example for an external filter.
Not minimis when selecting stand is the material from which it is made. It depends on the material the durability of stand and its aesthetic appearance in use. The most common and cheap material in our time is a DSP, it is suitable for most types and sizes of aquariums. Stands from chipboard reinforce additional internal walls for added strength, but this material has one major drawback, DSP does not tolerate moisture starts to swell and deteriorate in direct contact of pods to areas unprotected with the laminate.
More waterproof and sturdy material is MDF, it is more expensive than DSP, but on all the characteristics it is far superior.
A more expensive material in the manufacture of stands is wood treated with special solutions which prevent the absorption of moisture and deformation of wood. This material is much stronger than the previous ones, so lets you place on such stands large aquariums, besides it has a very presentable and expensive look.
For aquariums over 500 liters of volume should be used stands on a metal frame. Metal allows to withstand any load and humidity, but its lack is a large weight and lack of aesthetic appeal, and therefore the frame should be sheathed by any decorative material.
All the above mentioned materials are the basis for the absolute majority of stands under the tanks manufactured at this time. I hope this article will help you a little bit to orient in a wide variety of choice of stands for aquariums.
Classic swing gates, which for a long time were the only available option is gradually receding into the past. This is due to the fact that their design though is simple and easy to install, but still has some significant shortcomings, which include the fact that they need free space and are usually made of metal, that needs additional care. The hinges of the gate should be lubricated often, and in winter they as the lock, often ice. That’s why is growing a number of people who prefer to install overhead garage doors, that are more convenient to use and do not require such careful care.
Overhead garage doors are solid or consist of sections of panels made from a metal coated with a special coating or from plastic. These gates are usually made insulated. If we consider the overhead gates in terms of saving space, they significantly outperform swing counterparts – in fact at the opening their panel locate under the ceiling, without taking up too much space. Also note that the overhead garage door also significantly increase safety. After all, they are very difficult to open and noisy, so that the safety of the car in the garage, equipped with lift gates increases.
Overhead gates for garages classify in several types. And almost all of the overhead garage doors can be assembled and installed by yourself without any additional work and preparations. So, the most popular model is the sectional garage doors. They consist of individual plastic or metal panels, about forty to sixty centimeters tall, which are held together by movable joints. Roller gates are similar to overhead sectional garage doors, but they have more movable panels, because of which the insulation at the gate is somewhat lower.
Garage doors of overhead type are presented with models of different designs and price categories, among which everyone can easily find the best option. And the fact that they are all automated, making them indispensable in any garage.
To whom can you donate?
The list of organizations is long, but they share a common principle – non-profit organizations. These can be:
- a community trust fund established exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, scientific or literary purposes, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals;
- churches, synagogues and other religious organizations;
- war veterans organization;
- non-profit volunteer fire company;
- volunteer organizations;
- cemeteries, crypts, etc.
What can you donate?
You can give to charity, followed by a deduction from the tax, almost everything, most importantly, that these things were in good or very good condition, ie, a broken vacuum cleaner won`t be accepted.
You can donate:
- clothes and other personal items;
- furniture, appliances and other household items;
- real estate: houses, land;
- cars, boats, motorcycles;
- jewelry, precious metals and stones;
- shares, securities;
- to organize some very necessary activities requiring investments;
- collections, pieces of art, etc.
Those who do not want to search for such organizations can simply bring to the store «Good Will» or similar stores their belongings.
How to determine the value of donated goods?
The law has a fairly detailed description of how to determine the value of things, check out the information here irs.gov.pdf. The whole essence of the definition of the cost comes down to the fact that it can not be higher than the market prices of similar goods.
For example, the clothes will be worth many times less than it was originally bought. By the way, the maximum allotted clothing, which are allowed to deduct from the tax – it’s $ 500. For a larger amount it has to be some kind of a special case.
To evaluate the real estate, and other unique products you usually need to involve experts.
For all categories of products there is teir maximum (always have reservations and special cases), which can be deducted from taxes.